Monday, February 1, 2016

Laura's Monthly Reveal | Fancy Pants Designs

Hello! Today I am sharing my February projects that I created for my monthly with you, I received some of the "Happy Place" collection from Fancy Pants Designs; six different patterned papers and some really pretty flair.  I whipped up a quick graphic so that I could show you exactly what I played with from this collection.


I also received these super fun alpha stickers, which are a prefect size and almost transparent, so they look amazing layered onto other elements. I love all four of the colours!


To round these elements off I added the following things from my stash.


Come on people this is why we crafters hoard goodies, look at how perfectly these stash items work with this collection!  All supplies except for the pink ink, tooth picks and Heidi Swapp gold colour shine were purchased from ScrapMuch?.

XOXO

For this first page that I created I had an idea of a cut file that I wanted to base my page around, so I got busy creating the cut file and everything else sort of fell into place.

I wanted this page to be about my people (don't judge the dog thinks he is a people), so I needed to fit five photos onto the page, as I really wanted each of them to be individual pics. My photos measure 2x2 but having them sit all in a row they have a lot of impact and do not really appear to be too small.  The added bonus is I was able to print them all on one 4x6 piece of photo paper!


I love this text paper so it was a must for a background, I added a bit of all three of the mists shown above and then layered on my other elements.


To help my white die cut stand out on the background paper, I backed it with a solid heart cut from the reverse of a second sheet of the text paper.  Then I layered tiny patterned hearts between the solid heart and the die cut piece.


I layered a contracting pattern and a solid at the top of the page and added a bit of decorative stitching.



The embellishing on this page is pretty simple, I used a couple of the flair from the collection and a couple of fun DIY embellishments to finish of my layout.  I will share tutorials soon showing you how to make the 3D arrow heart embellishment as well as the clear sequin tag.

I must mention that I so love how the Amy Tangerine alpha stickers look on the clear tag!

Lastly, I trimmed out some words from the text paper to create my journalling, it is a super fun trick!

HAPPY 2GETHER WITH YOU

I couldn't resist doing a somewhat Valentines / Love themed page of my sweetheart and I, because it is February.  However these papers are so perfect for everyday scrapbooking and I so love their fresh colours.  


I chose another great bold graphic paper for my background and layered a contrasting pattern and solid paper along the right hand side, again adding in some machine stitching with black thread for impact.


I created my title by capitalizing on the text on the background sheet and adding in some of those fantastic Amy Tangerine alpha stickers.  As you can see they fit in perfectly.  I had a little fun using the  number 2 in place of two letters, just because I thought I was cute!  I machine stitched over the alpha stickers, they do stick really well, I just couldn't help myself - the machine was out!



After getting the background and title all ready, I spent some time fussy cutting a bunch of flowers and leaves from one of the patterned papers.  The paper is gorgeous on it's own but I guess I was in the mood to fussy cut.  I got a little carried away and so there is a ton of little flowers tucked here and there on my page.  I also added in a ton of little sequins to break up all of the layers of papers.

LOLLIPOP WRAPS

These little cuties are so quick and simple to make, watch for the free cut file later this month!

Since I was feeling all lovey dovey (sitting in my scraproom all by myself! ha!) I decided to see if I could create a couple of Valentine cards with this sweet collection.

BE MINE

I used my Silhouette to add the sentiment and arrows, as well as to cut out the hearts.  The hearts were stitched on so that the sides could "float".

LOVE U

I added a little machine stitching on this card for texture and used a die cut heart and the Amy Tangerine alphas to create a sentiment.

Well that is it from me for today!  Have a crafty day!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely STUNNING!!!! Love it to pieces Laura!!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete