Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Adding Glitter to Acetate | Tutorial

Hi there!

Laura here sharing a fun, glittery technique with you today! There are a lot of really great acetate accents, embellishments and "papers" on the market right now that can be incorporated onto a crafty project.  Some have some colour and others are black and clear.  I recently played with this one from Bella Blvd.


And added some glitter to it to make it coordinate with my layout.


I sort of strategically added the glitter to "random" hearts in the design.

This is the process that I used, it is super easy, dries quickly and the glitter doesn't flake off easily when it is complete.


Working on the back of the sheet, I started with a glue pen, adding the adhesive to a few hearts at a time in one area of the page.


It is a little hard to see in this photo, but I only added the adhesive to the very centre heart int the cluster.


Next I sprinkled on the glitter.


Tap off the excess, onto a clean piece of scrap paper, you can re-use it later.


This is a front view.  Adding the glitter to the back really helps cut down on the glitter being rubbed off of your page and making a mess in your album.


After glittering my sheet, I added it to my base page by hiding the adhesive behind my page elements and then I added a couple of decorative stitching.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous page Laura, The embellishments are just so lovely. Thank you for the technique tips and I'd like to try this one day.

    ReplyDelete