Wednesday, October 22, 2014

STAMPING TIPS AND TRICKS - TUTORIAL

Hi friends,

I have a little stamping tutorial to share with you today.

For this technique you will need any clear acrylic stamp of your choice that is symmetrical (yes, I didn't clue in to this right away, but it matters) and a couple of ink pads in coordinating colours.


For the first step of this technique, you will place the stamp onto your block upside down. Ink it up and stamp, this will give you an outline or offset image.


For the second step, flip your stamp over so that it is right side up, ink it up and line it up on top of your outline image and stamp.


You should end up with something that looks like this, in your image of choice. 


I also gave this a try with a background stamp that I had.


This time I reversed the stamping order and stamped the image first and the background second.


It is important to note that your outline or background colour needs to be lighter than the image colour.



I decided to take my first stamped design and create a happy little card to share with you!


Sunshine and sequins, it doesn't get much better!

Thanks for visiting today!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment