Monday, September 1, 2014

Laura's Monthly Reveal - Simple Stories

Hi there!

I am so excited to share my reveal today, I had to much fun with the "Hello Baby" collection from Simple Stories!  I pulled out a few of my favourite baby pictures of my three boys to create with.  It was nice to scrap them again in my current style ;)

Here are my designs:

This first layout, features my first born at about a 4 weeks old, I created a little Polaroid confetti pocket using a technique I learned from my scrappy friend Michelle.  I did add a few little wooden stars from my stash as I thought they went so nicely with this collection.

Here are a few close ups:




Next up is a page I created featuring a photo of my second boy, taken when he was about 6 months old.  I couldn't find a newborn photo of him that would scan nicely so I went with this one (these boys were born before digital time).

Here are a few close ups of this page:


This collection has so many amazing embellishments, from die cuts to chipboard and stickers.  I tried really, really hard but couldn't use them all ;)


 
And of course, I had to also do a page of my youngest boy.

This photo was taken about a week after our little Timmy arrived home.  I still remember getting the phone call that he was coming, just as if it were yesterday.

A few close ups:




 I actually stopped creating layouts here and went on to create an altered item and a card, which I will share below, but I really wanted to create a baby bath time layout so I went back to the drawing board.

I loved the colours in the floral paper but didn't want to use it whole hog so I designed this joined stars background cut file to use with this paper. I love the way it looks with this pattern and  the green wood grained background.

Here are some close ups:




As promised here is a look at the altered item, I used a little wooden box to create a little keepsake box for baby treasures.


And here is a little card, too:


Thank you so much for sticking with me in this super long post! And humoring me on my little journey down memory lane!

Laura
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Awesome layouts, and would love to see a comparison post of your style then versus now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reveal Laura! As always!! Your creations are so sweet and I loved the trip down memory lane. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!!

    ReplyDelete