Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Heart-fold Flower Tutorial

Hello!

I am on a bit of a flower craze here, so I have another flower tutorial to share today!

First up you will need to punch or die cut 7 to 9 hearts.  The number you will need depends on the size of heart that you use and the size of flower that you end up with,  Keep in mind that the flower's finished size will be 2 times the length of your hearts.  For my flower I am using 8 hearts that measure 1.25" high and 1.25" wide.  You can play with these measurements to suit your project.
 Next up punch or cut a scrap piece of paper smaller than your flower will be.
 Cover this circle with adhesive ( I apologize for the glitter in my adhesive, I was working with glitter paper prior to creating this tutorial).
 Fold your hearts in half, lengthwise.
 And arrange them onto your adhesive covered circle, like so.
 This last step is  optional, but I love it.  Insert a pop dot into each "petal" to give your flower some dimension.
 This is what it looks like on a card, cute and simple right1
A little close up, hope you like it!


Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

2 comments: