Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tutorial Wednesday - Circle Pinwheel

Hi there!

Today is Wednesday and that means I have a tutorial for you, have a look at the sweet and simple little pinwheel.....

I thought I would do a little spin on a pinwheel (pun intended) and make it circular.

 I started with a 2 inch punch and a scrap of double sided paper.
 Using a pencil I marked my circle into quarters.
 Next, I snipped at each mark ending just shy of centre.
 Now you will need to pierce a hole in the centre as well as to the right of each pencil mark.
 Working from the back insert a brad into the centre hole, then working around the circle gently bend and feed the brad into each hole.   I know you may want to work from the front so that the decorative part of the brad is front and centre, but it is really a lot easier to work from the back.
 So you can solve the problem of the brad prongs being on top by adding a pretty little button to the centre of your pinwheel.
In case you wondered, these are the Copics I used to colour this sweet little image.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment