Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tips and Techniques Wednesday - Tri Fold Card

Hello all,

It's is 'Tips and Technique' day over on the ScrapMuch? blog and of course, I wanted to share my technique here too!

I first saw this card folding technique on the Split Coast Stampers website, it is a great resource for card makers.

Anyway, let's get to it.......


Start off by making your card base, using a 4" x 11" piece of card stock in the colour of your choice.

Score at 3.5" and 7".

fold from left to right so that the large 4" section ends up on the bottom, with the opening on the right.

Punch a tab on the bottom section so that it sits just below where the folded piece will sit.  This will hold the card closed.

Punch a hole in the tab, this will secure a piece of ribbon.

Add a 3.25" x 3.75" piece of patterned paper to the front of your card.

I forgot to take pictures of the next step, but I will talk you through it.  I die cut a green card stock doily with my Cuttlebug, though you can use any shape you would like to anchor your focal point..  Next I adhered the doily intact onto my card front, raising it up slightly above the top of the card.  Then I die cut the centre out of the doily, which in turn created a window on my card.

Then I folded my card up and adhered the piece back onto my card, however this centre doily piece is now actually adhered to the inner portion of the card.  See below.

I then embellished this area of the card with a stamped die cut piece, a flower and a stick pin.

This is how it will look when closed.

Open the card back up and stamp a sentiment  onto the right hand side.
Close the card and secure with a ribbon fed through the hole on the tab.



 And that's it, pretty simple and cute, but of course your possibilities are endless.  If you do not have dies you could use punches or omit the window part altogether and add another layer on top to hold your focal point.

Thanks for popping in to visit!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment