Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tips and Techniques Wednesday

Hello blog friends and happy Wednesday!

I have a quick little tip for you today.  While crafting the other day, I ran into a bit of a problem, the ribbon that I wanted to use didn't "match" my project.   I was working with off-white, black and a yellow-y gold and my ribbon was more of a 'true' white with black.

I pulled out a yellow-y gold Copic and coloured right over the entire ribbon.

can you see the difference, the right side has been coloured

this is the project that I was working on, it is from last week's tutorial

Then I thought, hey I can make any colour of ribbon that I want, simply by starting with a white ribbon and colouring it with the colour of Copic that I want.

be sure to use the larger chisel end of your mark to colour fabric.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I have coloured white pearls before, but never thought of colouring ribbon. How better to make the ribbon exactly match your project. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete