Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tip and Technique Wednesday

Hello and Happy Wednesday!

I have a really quick technique for you today, paper collars or mini doilies of sorts to layer with your flowers or other embellishments.  You know that I love to layer embellishments, right.   Well, if you do too, then this is right up your alley!

To get started you will need a strip of paper and a border punch with a mid sized somewhat rounded shape to it.  Then punch along the edge of the paper.
 Trim the punched piece into sections, between the pattern repeats.  you will need 8 pieces.
 Start layering the pieces up, like this, until you have 4 pieces layered with a punched edge on each side.
 Now go around again, layering the pieces with the punched edges on the diagonal.  And this is what you end up with.
 Layer your little doily / paper collar with stickers or flowers etc. to create a dimensional embellishment.  This is a great way to fill a space if your original embellishment ins`t quite large enough for the space you want to fill..

I tried this with a larger border punch, as well.
 I really like the results but found I only needed 4 pieces and could eliminate the diagonal pieces.

Now I feel like creating something fun to stick this on!

Thanks for popping by today to see what technique I am sharing!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment