Sunday, May 15, 2011

May Featured Customer

Hello blog friends!

We have asked Sheri Hill to be our featured customer this month.  Sheri is a friend to the owners of ScrapMuch? and myself.  She is a sweet girl who creates equally sweet layouts of her darling daughter, Lexi.

Meet Sheri....





If you have been to one of our crops or retreats, you have likely met Sheri.  If not, let's take a moment to get to know her better.....


1. How long have you been scrapbooking? 
I began scrapping in 2005 when I suggested to my husband that we should immortalize our first year together in a scrapbook; the perfect one-year dating anniversary gift since he loves photography, and I love looking at our photos. Needless to say, my husband finished one page while I finished the rest of the book.   A few months later my friend Elaine Mead, co-owner of ScrapMuch, saw my post about scrapping on facebook and invited me to join a bunch of her scrappin’ friends for their next get together. I recall that they joked about me using a ruler, pencil and kitchen scissors to make all my cuts! That didn’t deter me though – I’ve been happily scrapping with them for the last six years.

2. Do you also create hand made cards?
I love the idea of making fancy handmade cards; unfortunately, I always feel that they don’t turn out quite how I intended. To help with this, I typically use Laura Whitaker’s cards for inspiration and a working template. The downside to making a batch of cards that I like is that I have a really hard time giving them away!  In the future I plan to improve this aspect of my scrappin’ game by attending some card making classes.
                          
3. Who is your favourite subject to scrapbook?
Hands down, my favourite subject to scrap is my little 20 month-old monkey, Lexi.  I’m definitely a mother in love and enjoy having a way to display all the beautiful photos of her.   

4. Where do you find your scrapbooking inspiration?
I definitely find that the biggest source of inspiration for scrapping is from the group of girls that I regularly scrap with.  I completely enjoy sharing ideas and learning new techniques from them. And when I’m completely exhausted I know I can scraplift anyone of my friends’ layouts and it will look fabulous.  What a way to relax, chat, and still accomplish a beautiful layout by the end of a night.

5. Where do you scrapbook?
With teaching full time and taking care of my daughter I only end up scrapping when we have a scrappin’ girls night in, at scrapbooking retreats, or sometimes at the cottage when the family heads away for a weekend.

6. What is one of your current favourite products?
Well after the switch to proper scrappin’ scissors (i.e. not using kitchen scissors anymore), I would have to say paper flowers and, most recently, pearls and pearl swirls. 

7. Do you have a blog that we can share with our readers?
Not yet, I don’t think I could keep up with the competition ;)


Here are a few of Sheri's favourite layouts.....

We love the playfulness of this layout.

A great way to incorporate a circle theme and mix up the shape of the photos.

Perfect use of product to highlight a great photo.

Known for her love of pink and brown, and no wonder it perfectly suits this baby girl!

We love that this layout completely draws the eye in toward the photo.
A big thank you to Sheri for playing along with us this month!  We really appreciate our customer and friends. 

If you or anyone you know would like to be a featured customer, please send me an email here.  I am looking for a customer to be featured for the month of September.  I know it seems so far away, but this girl likes to have my list ready!

Thank you for stopping by today!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment