Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Technique Wednesday!

Hello all!

I have a different type of tutorial this week, well more of a tip really.  Have you ever seen a sweet image you would love to add to a card, layout of other type of project?  Well, a few months back I found ta few of these Beatrix Potter books at an antique store....
They brought back sweet memories of reading them to my big boys when they were babes.  I don't know why but I didn't keep any of them.

They have such sweet illustrations.....
When I bought the book I had anticipated cutting out the illustrations to use directly onto a project.  But, I couldn't bring myself to do this.  Then I saw this tip online and thought I'd pass it on to you.  It's the perfect solution!

Scan or photocopy your favourite storybook images, then take it one step further and print them onto textured white cardstock.  They look like original pieces of art!
Beautiful right?

And have a look at this image on a card I made for my Mom...
Just as a caution, all images in books are copyrighted.  Using them for your personal use is okay, but not for the purpose of selling your creations.

Thanks for stopping by today to learn a new tip! 
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment